....AND REMAINS is made up from alternative mixes / takes and live recordings that were superfluous to the two Omnibus Editions
To purchase from the UK click here http://amzn.to/TPNM91
1. Bela Lugosi's Dead - Tomb Raider Mix
This is a new mix based on the Hammersmith Palais '81 live performance (the same as on "Press The Eject"). It has a constant rhythm (the live take starts at a gallop, quickly slowing to a canter) and uses a studio vocal that was added to the multi-track.
2. Terror Couple Kill Colonel - Spaceward Studio 24 April 1980
There are already 3 versions of TCKC on the box set (that's enough) but this version was briefly available (by accident) on a re-press of the vinyl single and quickly withdrawn.
3. Double Dare - Southern Studio Mix #1
The unreleased mix #4 is on the box set but this is an earlier take.
4. A God In An Alcove
5. Poison Pen
6. Hollow Hills Recorded at University Of London Union 31 October 1980.
We wanted to include a live disc with "In The Flat Field" Omnibus Edition but only one official recording was made of a show (at ULU). The tape was a live monitor mix so the sound balance was way out with Daniel's guitar recorded far too low in the mix. Sadly there were no multi-tracks so a re-mix wasn't possible. These are the only 3 tracks worth salvaging from the tape. It' a shame, as audience bootlegs show that Bauhaus were always a dynamic live band right from their early shows.
7. Poem Recorded at Space Place, Chicago 9 September 1980 This is from a bootleg and it's a bit of fun that Peter employed during some of the 1980 shows.